It is our intention to make our preschool accessible to children and families from all sections of the local community. We aim to ensure that all sections of our community have access to the pre-school through open, fair and clearly communicated procedures.
- We ensure that the existence of the preschool is widely advertised in places accessible to all sections of the community.
- We ensure that information about our preschool is accessible – in written and spoken form. We will try to provide information in Braille, or through signing or an interpreter, or in different languages.
- We try and arrange our waiting list in birth order.
- We offer all 3-4 year old funded children a minimum of 9 hours a week.
- We are also approved to accept 2 year funding for those children who are eligible.
- We offer non funded 2 year olds the opportunity to join our morning sessions for a minimum of 4-6 hours if they are not funded in the current preschool year.
- We describe our preschool and its practices in terms which make it clear that it welcomes fathers and mothers, other relations and other carers, including childminders.
- We describe our preschool and its practices in terms of how it treats individuals, regardless of their gender, special educational needs, disabilities, background, religion, ethnicity or competence in spoken English.
- We describe our preschool and its practices in terms of how it enables children with disabilities to take part in the life of the pre-school.
- We make our Equality and Diversity policy widely known.
- We consult with families about the opening times of the Preschool to avoid excluding anyone.
- We are flexible about attendance patterns to accommodate the needs of individual children.
This policy was reviewed August 2019
Signed on behalf of the Preschool Anne Ridgway and Heather Gardner